Are you ready to receive the tools and skills you need to impact your community?
The I.F.O.C. Chaplaincy Training Course is an accredited 40-hour course offered for Emergency Service Personnel, Law Enforcement, Industrial Chaplains, and anyone who desires to become a Chaplain.
We offer two options to take the I.F.O.C. Chaplaincy Training Course:
- You may register for our in-person classes online or through the mail.
- You may register for our online-only classes here.
- Training registration and fees include your training, materials, and workbook. You are responsible for your own travel and lodging.
- Early Bird Registration (four weeks or more prior to the class) is recommended.
- If you register during the Early Bird Registration period, registration fees are eligible for a refund or to transfer to a later class. Registrations after the Early Bird period are only transferrable, not refundable.
- In rase cases, training may be canceled due to low registrations. If a class is cancelled, I.F.O.C. will notify the students no later than 4 weeks prior to the first day of the training of the cancellation.
- It’s recommended that you wait until after the 4-week pre-registration deadline before making flight or room reservations.
- Families or couples may receive a $25 discount on the course fee. Call (254) 314-2159 to request more information.
Advanced Chaplaincy Training
Once you become a member, the IFOC offers many exciting additional training opportunities!
Gather bi-annually with the IFOC family to continue growing as a Chaplain. Advanced classes offered include self care, trauma informed, disaster response, leadership strategy, ethics and responsibilities, and many others. New classes are added every conference.
Group Crisis Intervention
Host a course for your community in Group Crisis Intervention and/or Assisting Individuals in Crisis, certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation. Contact the IFOC to schedule a class in your area.
Complete a video course designed to equip you to minister in weddings and funerals. After successful completion, you will receive a special IFOC certification.
Learn leadership strategy, servant leadership, the function of a Corps, and the roles of individual members and leaders. Class attendees are eligible for promotion into Corps leadership. In-Person classes are for establishing a new Corps. Current I.F.O.C. Chaplains who are in a Corps can click here to take the class online.
How do I register for a class?
- Find a location of a class that is near you
- Register either by printing out the form, filling it out and mailing it to I.F.O.C. headquarters or register online on the individual course
How much does a class cost? What does the registration fee cover?
Early bird registration for our in-person classes is $300. Late registration is $350. An attendee may also pay in 2 installments ($125+$200 totaling $325). Training registration and fees include your training, materials, and workbook.
Online classes cost $325. Training registration and fees include your training, materials, and workbook.
How often are trainings posted?
How often are trainings posted? Our Chaplain Training Schedule is kept up-to-date. If you are seeking information about a specific event or possible locations and dates of upcoming training seminars, please see our training schedule. If you don’t see a class close to you please contact us to discuss hosting a training class in your community or consider our online Chaplain course.
Is the training accredited?
Is the training accredited? Yes, the 40-hour Chaplaincy course is recognized by Manna University (which offers up to 6 credits of elective credit for students and Chaplains) and by Heidelberg University. Four units of Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) are available through Heidelberg University which can be obtained by submitting this form.
Can I host a Chaplain training event?
Can I host a Chaplain training event? Yes. Classes are scheduled six months in advance, allowing the time needed to advertise on the I.F.O.C. website and Facebook to help with the recruiting of students.
Class size – We require a minimum of 25 student registrations by the close of “early bird” registration.
The Host – It is the host’s responsibility to provide a facility (at no cost to I.F.O.C.), sized for the number of students, with adequate space to allow students to view the projected presentation information (we bring our own equipment). The class host is responsible to help recruit students for their class.
Can I become a certified instructor in the I.F.O.C.?
Can I become a certified instructor in the I.F.O.C.? Participation in the I.F.O.C.’s “Train the Trainer” program is by invitation only.
Heidelberg University CEU Form
Download the form here
Continuing Education Opportunities
The International Fellowship of Chaplains (I.F.O.C.) operates in the United States as a dba under the umbrella of Frontline Chaplains International, Inc. (FCI).